Hi guys, so this week what with the frigid temperatures outside we thought we would talk a little bit about Avoiding the dreaded cold and flu season.
First off a few tips on how to avoid getting a cold or the flu.
- Lots and lots of vitamin C, vitamin C helps your bodies immune system and gives you the side benefit of an energy boost.
- Wash those hands often!!! Most viruses are transmitted by contact thru the hands so washing those germs off can keep you from catching anything.
- Drink a ton of water. Not only is this just a good idea in general but during the colder months we tend to not drink enough water because we don’t feel as thirsty. This can lead to chapped lips and hands and make it easier to catch a nasty bug.
Next on the agenda, what can I do if I already caught something?
- First, if you don’t have a fever or if you’re not feeling nausea one of the best things you can do is exercise. Yeah we know its like the last thing you wanna do but by doing some cardio or strength training you can increase your internal body temperature and help to “liquify” some of that cogestion. Also getting the heart pounding a bit can stimulate white blood cell production and help your immune system.
- Keep those liquids a coming. Water, juice or soup your body needs more liquid than when you’re not feeling well. Keeping yourself hydrated while fighting off a cold or flu can speed your recovery time by a lot.
- And the no brainer…SLEEP! Your body is already working harder than normal to combat the infection and requires more rest than normal. Get those 8 hours in and if it’s really bad throw in a nap or two a day if at all possible. This allows your body to focus on getting rid of the bug and getting back to normal operations.
Listen to your body while your sick and you’ll be back at it ready to go as soon as possible
And announcements time:
First off a huge congratulations to all of the testers last Saturday. We’re thrilled to say it was a 100% pass rate!
Next Synergy is going to be hosting Ed from Ed’s Manifesto next month on Saturday the 4th and Sunday the 5th. If you never tried out any of Ed’s material this is a not to be missed opportunity. A big thank you to Cassidy Lee our resident Libre Fighting Method Instructor for putting this together!