With there being several tests this week, we thought it would be a good idea to share some Tips for belt tests this week.
First off, why are there tests in Martial Arts and Self Defense?
Well, put simply their there to give the students a goal to push for and to give the Instructors a way of letting them know what material the students are ready for. Also, since there is a built in self improvement program in ever decent Martial Art it’s a fantastic way to show that you’re working on becoming the best possible version of yourself you can be. Not a bad way to spend an evening eh?
Next, how can I succeed at belt tests?
Nothing beats putting in the work during class but here’s a few ways you can make sure your at your best come testing day.
- Get plenty of rest the night before the big day. Try to get 8 hours of good sleep so you be refreshed and ready to go!
- Fuel up. Before the test try to have a good breakfast. Nothing to heavy as that will slow you down in order to digest, so no biscuits and sausage gravy, stick to some protein like eggs and some fruits the big day and you’ll be fueled up to do your best.
- Try not to over think it. Some times when we have something big coming up we tend to over analyze it, picture ourselves failing and sabotage ourselves. Your Instructor already know you are capable of passing the test or they wouldn’t let you sign up for it. So relax, breathe and know you got this!
So there we go, some ways to improve your chances on test day, good luck to one and all and remember even if you’re not testing come in and support your fellow Synergy family.
Test this week:
KDM (Advanced Self Defense) Wednesday at 7:30
Beginner Kids Karate Saturday at 10:30
TacTecs (Basic Self Defense) Saturday at 11:30
Advanced Kids Karate Saturday at 1:00
Break a leg guys…LOL
- Holidays and the New Year! - December 24, 2022
- Annual Fitmas Workout - December 20, 2022
- Closed Thursday for Thanksgiving - November 21, 2022